The CIA (Certified Internal Auditor)
This is from the Institute of Internal Auditors, USA. The Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) is a credible and proficient internal audit certification, which is globally recognized and respected. With CIA, you gain the right skills, knowledge, and competencies to deliver any internal audit assignment competently anywhere in the world.
The process has three stages or courses (Foundations of Internal Auditing, Practice of Internal Auditing, and Business knowledge)
Benefits of the CIA qualification
The IIA has high expectations for Certified Internal Auditors. It wants CIA candidates to demonstrate all the knowledge and skills necessary for fulfilling the current obligations of the position. So, the IIA has established several CIA requirements. And some of these Certified Internal Auditor qualifications are quite involved, as the experience and examination requirements.
Consequently, in the process of accumulating internal auditing experience and preparing to pass the CIA exam, you will deepen your understanding of internal audit and develop your competence in internal auditing activities. As a result, you will be more confident as an internal auditor and more attractive to future employers.
When people see the letters “CIA” on your resume, they will know that you are dedicated to the profession and willing to invest in your growth. For these reasons, they will prize you above your peers.
As a CIA, you will meet the highest standards of internal auditing abilities in the industry. In this way, you’ll become the best internal auditor you can be.
The IIA is an internationally established and revered internal auditing organization. It has over 190,000 members across the globe, and it offers a variety of useful certifications and qualifications. However, the CIA certificate stands above them all.
The CIA is the only globally recognized internal audit certification, so earning it is the optimum way to communicate your internal auditing competencies. Moreover, the CIA is the single most important designation in the internal audit profession, and its value does not depreciate from country to country.
While you don’t have to become a member of the IIA to become a CIA, IIA membership affords the following industry advantages:
- Connections with a global network of peers as well as local chapters
- Access to an industry-specific audit career center
- Education on executive development
- Volunteer leadership opportunities
- News about the updated and universally accepted standards and guidance
- Invitations to training, conferences, and events
- Discounts on certification and qualification programs
- Complimentary CPE reporting
Therefore, becoming a CIA and a member of the IIA allows you to effortlessly stay on top of your internal auditing game and indulge in more internal audit benefits.
Structure of the CIA Exams
For those willing to take this path, you will require:
Tuition Fee (Includes Materials)
Membership fee (Optional)
Exam Application fee
In the second and the third parts, you will be required to pay just the tuition and exam fee.
ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants), UK
ACCA stands for the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants a leading international accountancy body. The ACCA qualification is recognized and is treated in other countries as being equivalent to their local qualification.
The ACCA qualification proves to employers that you have the ability in all aspects of the business.
It is the largest and fastest-growing qualification in the world, with over 500,000 members and students in 170 countries
Benefits of the ACCA qualification
- Enables you to become a Chartered Certified Accountant, use the designatory letters ACCA, and work in any aspect of finance or management in any business.
- Better employment prospects as a result of having shown an ability in all areas of business.
- Assures an employer that you have the skills necessary to progress to more senior management positions.
- Higher status in the eyes of an employer, and also your clients. It is the largest and fastest-growing global professional accountancy body in the world, with over 320,000 members and students in 170 countries
- Gaining such a qualification is evidence that the holder possesses skills and knowledge which are in high demand by employers in the industry, banking, auditing, consulting as well as other professions like taxation and law.
- Candidates not only gain specialist knowledge in finance and accounting but also acquire valuable skills in organizational management and strategy
- The qualification does not concentrate only on theory, and unlike Universities prepares a graduate for practical usage.
- The qualification is based on international accounting and auditing standards and is IFAC compliant
- The Professional qualification is of a high standard and is equivalent to completing full University Degree
- With exams twice a year students can work while they study personal satisfaction of having acquired the business skills